Guided by 4 core principles—common purpose, shared mindset, diverse team membership, supportive environment— Dr. Dove explains how to meet the challenges of collaborating with ELLs/MLLs and help all stakeholders—administrators, teachers, students, parents, community leaders—develop effective ways of working together for the success of all learners.
Dr. Dove will help all educators—central office and building administrators, department chairs, instructional coaches, teacher leaders, grade-level and content area teachers, and para-professionals—to develop and sustain purposeful collaboration and co-teaching practices to support ELLs/MLLs and their families as well as all students. Goals include:
● Supporting educators to engage in critical conversations, reflections, and action planning around collaboration and co-teaching practices (according to NYSED guidelines for integrated English as a New Language);
● Unpacking the 4 core principles in the book Team Up; Speak Up, Fire Up! to meet the challenges of collaboration;
● Reviewing, evaluating, and adapting the collaborative instructional cycle that promotes an integrated service delivery in the K-12 setting via NYSED mandates;
● Fostering students’ social skills, including teamwork and sharing, and their ability to establish and repair relationships.
Webinar 1: Thurs., September 16, 2021 4:00-5:00 PM ET
Webinar 2: Thurs., September 30, 2021 4:00-5:00 PM ET
Webinar 3: Thurs., October 14, 2021 4:00-5:00 PM ET
1. the ASCD eBook Team Up, Speak Up, Fire Up! by Dove, et al
2. a 1-year membership to NYSASCD (or a 1-year extension if you are already a member)
3. 60-day access to the webinar recordings and materials
4. 4 CTLE Hours for ELL professional learning awarded upon completion
Once registered, a link to the E-book & webinars will be sent the week of Sept. 6, 2021.