“Assisting educators in the development and delivery of quality instructional programs and supervisory practices to maximize success for all learners.’’
NYSASCD is a professional organization based in Camillus that was established to benefit educators, such as active and pre-service teachers, administrators and college professors, in New York and across the United States. Our goal is to develop and deliver quality instructional programs and supervisory practices to boost the potential of all learners.
It is our mission to provide educators the tools to develop and deliver quality instructional programs and leadership practices to maximize success for all learners.
NYSASCD is a diverse organization with a strong, representative infrastructure and ties to other professional organizations. We anticipate and respond to needs and issues promptly.
In addition, we provide quality, personalized, accessible and affordable professional development services that support research-based programs and practices, particularly in high-need areas. We recognize a responsibility to identify and communicate the views of members. We also promote the renewal and recognition of educators and support the development of teachers and leaders, with an emphasis on those new to the profession.
NYSASCD will provide research-based quality programs and resources that meet the needs of members. We will ensure that NY's diverse community of learners is reflected in our programs, resources, membership, and governance. Diversity will be reflected in the following ways: Board members, association members, and committees are diverse in terms of gender, age ethnicity, region of the state, professional position, and years within the position, with the intention of building the capacity of the organizations.
NYSASCD will influence educational policies, practices, and resources to increase success for all learners. We will create and utilize structures/tools which enable us to be flexible in our actions and responsive to the changing climate and environment within education.
- To Improve Educational Programs and Supervisory Practices at All Levels and in All Curricular Fields Throughout New York State
- To Help Schools Achieve Balanced Programs So That Equal and Quality Educational Opportunities Are Assured for All Students
- To Identify and Disseminate Successful Practices in Instruction, Curriculum Development, and Supervision
- To Have a Strong Voice in the Educational Affairs of the State by Working Closely With the State Education Department and Other Educational Groups Across the State and Nation
- IMPACT - New York State ASCD's Professional Journal Provides In-Depth Background on State and Local Issues Facing New York Educators
- ASCDevelopments - The Newsletter, Furnishes Timely Announcements on State and Local Events Related to Curriculum and Instruction
- Regional Institutes - Two or Three Day Institutes That Bring Together National Experts and State Recognized Presenters With Practitioners to Share Ideas and Promising Educational Practices
- Regional Workshops - Bring Together Recognized Presenters With Practitioners to Share Ideas and Promising Educational Practices
- Diverse Professional Network - Enable Members to Share State-Of-The-Art Resources, Face Challenges Together, and Explore New Ideas
- With its statewide membership, NYSASCD presents unique opportunities to interact with educators who pursue excellence in the practice of teaching and learning. We focus all our activities on curriculum, instruction, leadership, and assessment.
Message from the President
Welcome to the New York State Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development Website - an affiliate of ASCD. I am honored to serve as President.
Teaching, learning, and accountability have undergone distinctive transformations over the past five years. Teachers, administrators, politicians, and policymakers have done their best to influence what happens in classrooms and schools. For better AND for worse, the impact has been felt by all of us.
However, in this era of intense spotlight, we, the educators of New York must steadfastly remember our mission -- put the learner first.
The strength of NYSASCD members must be fostered to encourage positive public conversations that center on the child.
NYSASCD is your voice for accessing and engaging New York's policy makers.
NYSASCD is your bridge to professional learning that supports the healthy, safe, engaged, supported, challenged whole child.
NYSASCD belongs to you.
Yours in learning, teaching, and leading,
Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
West Genesee Central School District